Google ads - If you click on them you'd make me a favour

Wednesday 26 August 2009

New machine, new items, new expectations...

Today I want to talk about all that happened with my knitting lately, yet again sorry for no pictures but the camera broke again, I really should consider buying a new one.... but anyway, I can still write so, here's the news:
As you may know so far I have two knitting machines, both Knitmaster standard gauge machines, a 302 and a 321, with the first one, the 302 that I bought a couple of years ago I made some things such as a cardigan and some pairs of socks but it was always plain, because although it had a mechanism that enables you to make diffrent stitch patterns, it would never work, plus I wanted a ribber for it but on eBay it was never available so in November 2007 (the 302 was bought in August 2007), I decided to buy a new machine, I wasn't looking for a particular model, just a new-to-me machine, and I found on Ebay an auction for the 321, and another auction for a SRP50 ribber, so I bought both of them, and they were very cheap except for the postage that always rises everything because of being in a diffrent country.
With the 321 I must say I had lots of fun, I made wonderful sweaters, never using written instructions, always using the Knit Radar, I loved it, plus I had the ribber and it was such a blessing and again it made diffrent stitch patterns and the PUNCHCARDS made them, depending of how you set the carriage(s), so it was a great machine, and as you now I had a lot of accessories for it....
But the only problem is the yarn, you see here were I live the is only one yarn shop and it sells mainly hand knitting yarns, so finding finer ones that were usable on the 321 was always difficult.

So, about three weeks ago I decided to buy a bigger gauge machine so that it was easier to find yarn for it, so I decided for a Bond, didn't know the diffrence between the ISM and USM, but I decided to buy an ISM anyway and it was very cheap.
It arrived last Thursday and IT IS my salvation, it knits up beautifully and IT WORKS WITH ALL THE YARNS I CAN FIND IN MY LOCAL SHOP, YES!
So, since last Thursday I made three items, a Simple Shrug and a Tuck - Lace Wrap from the Bond America site and a Simple Hat with a pattern written in the pattern book that came with the machine, I am soo happy, really I never knitted so many thing in such a little time and also that easily!!

Today, I'll cross my fingers as I'm going to start on my first sweater so, wish me luck.

Bye for now,

Samantha

No comments: